Accommodation Rules applicable since 1 October 2006
1. The Hostel Operator shall be entitled to accommodate only such guests who have submitted valid identity cards, passports or other valid documents with their photos to the respective hostel’s receptionist. Once a guest is checked in, he/she shall receive his/her own (accommodation) card authorizing him/her to enter the hostel. The guest shall be obliged to show this card when requesting the release of his/her room key or entering the hostel. If the guest fails to submit the card, he/she shall be prevented from entering the hostel. The loss of the entry card shall be subject to a fee of CZK 200.
2. Please note that anyone wearing working clothes or shoes (overalls) shall be prevented from entering the hostel. Moving in the public places of the hostel in underwear shall also be prohibited. In the event of breach of this prohibition, the guest’s stay may be terminated without compensation.
3. For the accommodation and other services, the guest shall be obliged to pay the prices in compliance with the applicable pricelist upon arrival at the hostel reception, unless the accommodation has been paid for to the hostel’s account in advance.
4. All hostel premises are non-smoking. There is a strict smoking ban in the rooms and the whole building, even when it comes to smoking from a room window. The breach of this ban shall be subject to a fine of CZK 3,000.
5. Upon entry to the hostel, every guest shall be obliged to always show the receptionist his/her accommodation card received at the beginning of his/her stay. Without submitting the entry card, the guest shall not be allowed to enter the building. The loss of the entry card shall be subject to a fee of CZK 200.
6. In special cases, the hostel may offer the guest accommodation other than that agreed originally if such accommodation does not essentially differ from the arranged and confirmed order.
7. Based on the order confirmed in writing, the Hostel Operator shall be obliged to accommodate a guest between 1400 and 2000 hours, unless individually agreed otherwise.
8. If the guest wishes to prolong his/her stay, the hostel’s representative may offer him/her a room other than that in which he was originally accommodated.
9. The hostel shall be liable for damage to abandoned things only if the things have been handed to the hostel’s receptionist for storage and a confirmation of such storage has been issued.
10. The hostel shall be responsible without limitation for jewels, money and other valuables only if these things have been taken over by the hostel’s representative for storage or have been damaged as a consequence of a hostel worker’s act.
11. The right to compensation for damages must be exercised towards the hostel without undue delay, but at the latest on the departure day.
12. The guest shall use the respective room for the agreed period. Unless otherwise agreed in advance, the guest shall check out by 1000 hours the last day at the latest and shall be obliged to vacate the room till then. If the guest fails to do so, the hostel shall be entitled to charge him the price for another day. If the given room has already been booked by the Hostel Operator for someone else and the guest fails to comply with the Hostel Operator’s call for vacation or is not present in the hostel, the Hostel Operator reserves the right to make a record on the guest’s property and store the property in a safe place so that the room can be used by the guest who has booked it. For such storage, the Hostel Operator shall charge CZK 50 per piece of luggage and day.
13. Without the hostel management’s consent, the guest shall not be allowed to relocate the room equipment (furniture) or intervene in the electrical network or other installations under a fine of CZK 1,000. The damage ensuing from the failure to comply with these Accommodation Rules shall be compensated for by the offender immediately in cash or with a payment card at the hostel reception. If the offender fails to provide the compensation, the compensation shall be enforced legally.
14. At the hostel premises and, in particular, in the rooms, the guest shall not be allowed to use his/her own electrical appliances. This shall not concern electrical appliances intended for the guest’s personal hygiene (razors, massage machines, hair dryers, etc.) or portable PCs or cell phones. In such cases, when leaving his/her room, the guest shall be obliged to always unplug these electrical appliances.
15. There are common premises intended for receiving visitors. The guest may receive visitors in his/her room only with the consent of the hostel’s relevant worker once the respective visitor has been entered in the Book of Visitors at the reception and only between 1000 and 2000 hours. The visitation period may be one hour maximum and once a day only.
16. If the guest gets sick or injured and requests so, the hostel’s representative may ensure the provisioning of medical care or the transport to hospital.
17. When leaving his/her room, the guest shall be obliged to close the windows. The ventilation window may be left open. The guest shall also be obliged to close all water taps in the room, switch off the lights and lock the door.
18. For safety reasons, it is prohibited to leave children under 10 years of age in the room or at other hostel premises without the company of an adult.
19. Dogs and other animals may be accommodated at the hostel premises only with the hostel representative’s knowledge and consent and provided that their owner proves their good health condition. The price for bringing in animals shall be contractual.
20. Between 2200 and 0800 hours, the guest shall not disturb the night peace, that is, shall not disturb other guests in the hostel. In the event of breach of this obligation and failure to comply with the hostel representative’s call, the guest’s stay may be terminated without compensation.
21. Any complaints or possible ideas for improvement of the hostel’s activity on the part of the guests need to be submitted to the hostel’s management. Objections, remarks or commendations may also be entered in the book placed on the table by the drink vending machine.
22. In the event of damage to the hostel’s equipment or accessories, the guest shall provide compensation for such damage, unless he/she proves that it has not been caused by him/her.
23. Calculation of Damages: Damages shall be calculated based on the type of damage to property. Damages shall also include financial compensation associated with purchase, replacement or repair, the related costs, and compensation for the impossibility to rent the damaged room and for the profit lost in the period of repair.
24. The guest shall be obliged to adhere to the provisions of these Accommodation Rules. In the event of breach, the hostel shall be entitled to withdraw from the provided accommodation service prior to the expiration of the agreed period and without any compensation for the guest.